Tuesday, October 23, 2007

10 boxes left

Well, I've moved.

Still boxes everywhere, and new flat-pack storage bought that still needs to be put together. Still some small-fry remaining to be collected at the old house as well as some serious cleaning before it can be rented out.

But the place is starting to come together, and as I figure out where all the furniture belongs and where the paintings will work best it starts to look more and more like somewhere I live.

Oscar has taken to it like a trooper - after some initial scary moments when he scaled 6' fences and went wandering. Now he knows how to reach the front door, and the back door. He knows where his food is, and on the odd occasion he is allowed inside, he is working out where the best possies (staircase landing) are for keeping his eye on them humans.

Things I love about the new place.

  • Halves my time to work - door to door
  • Public transport is practically at my doorstep - no more car
  • I get to catch a tram! :)
  • The newsagent is just around the corner for my Sunday paper
  • There are gluten free cafes and restaurant within easy walking / tram distance
  • I have a wall oven, no more bending down
  • Great kitchen
  • Internal access from the garage
  • Excellent light-filled rooms
  • Two toilets :)
  • Knitting s'n'b meets weekly just around the corner
  • Encouraging innovative storage solutions
  • Good flow of Chi through the two floors.


Things I'm not so keen on about the new house.
  • There's a spot light above the bathroom sink that really "highlights" my grey hair!
  • Somewhat challenged for storage
  • Still don't know where all of B's cd's are going to go.

No comments: