Saturday, September 22, 2007

10 boxes down.

The loungeroom is very slowly being taken over by boxes. 2 weeks out and there are now 10 boxes done. I'm still in the process of wandering around the house getting something from here, something from there and packing it up to make a logical (kinda) box.
The cat has finally twigged that something is happening and has gone into anxiety mode - hiding under the bed. You'd think after half a dozen moves in the last 10 years (5 in the first five) he'd be used to it by now, but he never seems to.

Yesterday I did the final inspection - which was really just a chance to go in and measure up the place, as we had no dimensions listed on the documents. I've been working from home today, and in-between calls I've been drawing up the plans on graph paper and measuring up my furniture and making cut-outs, all to scale. Good news - all of my furniture will fit! Bad news, B? - not sure about yours ;-)

The only thing left to figure out really, is where all of B's cd's will go. Currently he has the stacked flat in vaguely alphabetical piles in his loungeroom. I think there is around a dozen stacks, ranging from 3-4 feet high - yes I count them in feet. And then there are probably another 10 feet of cd's in other places that haven't made it onto their pile yet. So if you say 30 cd's to a foot (yes I measured).. that's over 1500 cd's. Strangely, if these were all placed on shelves - they would take up a lot of room. Being an organisational freak - I'd really like to see these all easily accessible, lined up neatly (by genre, alpha, Dewey decimal), spines facing outwards.
I'm just not sure we have the space.... Now if I didn't have a car, we could convert the garage to one mean sound room.... hmmm.

Back to the boxes. We picked up some extra boxes from some friends last night. They moved only a couple of weeks ago, and apparently got a bit bored while writing the contents on the boxes. Unfortunately I've already packed my depleted uranium rods, so I'll have to find something else for that box. Although I do agree that the fire breathing dragon should live in the bedroom - wouldn't need any doonas or heaters then.

Ah time for dinner - pity I've packed all off my food *EG* nothing for it, but to go get pizza. hehehe. (Mental note to self, pack food before anyone comes to check....)

No comments: