Monday, September 03, 2007

CPAP Scarf Pattern

Well, my CPAP scarf is finished, and I'm so happy with it I thought I should post the pattern I used.

CPAP Scarf

Yarn: 2 x 180 m 8 ply
- double stranded knitting, so 2 yarns with complementary colourways.
Needles - Size 7 / 8 - something pretty chunky.
Ribbon: 2.5m 3mm ribbon in matching or contrasting colour.
Or if you are feeling particularly insane - 2.5m of i-cord!

Hold two strands together and ...
CO: 17

Cuff:
RS: Purl
WS: Knit
RS: Purl
WS: Purl
RS: Knit
WS: Purl
RS: Purl
WS: Knit
RS: Purl

Main section:
WS: slip 1 purlwise, P2, YO, P2tog, P6, P2tog, YO, P3
RS: slip 1 knitwise, K15
Repeat until it is long enough (approx 1.8 metres)
end on a WS

Cuff:
RS: Purl
WS: Knit
RS: Purl
WS: Purl
RS: Knit
WS: Purl
RS: Purl
WS: Knit
RS: Purl

You now have a very long scarf with a row of eyelet holes down the edge.
Wrap it lengthwise around the CPAP hose and thread the ribbon through the holes to join it. Knot the ribbon back on itself at each end to hold.

Use more ribbon at the cuffs to hold it firmly on, or elastic bands / scrunchies etc.
I just used the tail at each end to tie it back to itself - but I'm inherently lazy!

Detail:


Hanging around:


No copyright reserved - feel free it pass it on, use it, abuse it, even send people back here to look at it....

It's reduced my humidifier heat down by 2 notches and using lots less water too.
It's also much nicer to snuggle up to than a plastic tube. :)

No comments: