Monday, July 02, 2007

Pre-Op Update

I know, It's been ages since I blogged. I've been spending my time reading other people's blogs, and of course working "insane hours" (that's a quote from my boss) and researching the real estate market (still).

Every weekend that I'm not working, and some which I do, we've been on the real-estate trail. I now have a sizable collection of brochures, floor plans, and weekly newspaper lift-outs of auction results. By the time we buy, it will be well and truly researched. It will be so researched I will never again want to buy a house. *Sigh*

But I have the month of July (potentially) off work! Woo Hoo! OK, most of it is sick leave, but given I won't actually be sick, just doing my best impression of a one-armed bandit I plan to enjoy it as much as I possibly can. My folks should be arriving tomorrow to "take care of me" - ie cook and drive. The rest of the time I plan to sloth around the house, read more WoT (currently on book 10), watch TV, watch BattleStar Galactica, eat yummy food and drink lots of tea. Unfortunately I won't be able to knit :( But after my wrist recovers I should be back to my pre-lump knitting speed. I'm sure there will still be some winter left in which to enjoy cozy knitting...

So, I'm off to get my wrist slit on Wednesday. Hopefully the Doc will avoid the radial artery though, take out the lump and repair the wrist joint and it will be happily ever after - full strength and flexibility returned.

Today and tomorrow are preparation days. Lots of washing, cleaning and tidying. Actually I've probably done more house work in this 3-4 days than I have in a year. Albeit all in small doses with a good rest inbetween and strong doses of pain killers. I've left the left-handed ironing until tomorrow, I don't think I've done any in the last 6 months nearly. It's truly amazing how creases fall out of clothes if left hanging long enough - well most fabrics, and then there's the fabrics which don't require ironing - I've been amassing a good wardrobe of them...

Well, that's my rest done - off to the next job....

No comments: