Sunday, June 25, 2006

Knitting yummies

I shouldn't have mentioned the sun yesterday... I don't think it snuck through the clouds at all yesterday. But today I caught it and have caught up on my photos.

First off, the sari-silk I bought myself as a consolation present when I couldn't find the new edition of Yarn magazine: I have 300gms, and I'm not sure whether it will become a scarf or a bag - I'm leaning towards a bag at the moment - possibly something along the lines of Knitty's Unbiased. And yes, this classifies as a small project, so it bumps the larger knitting projects that I'm just not finding lap time for at the moment...

And then onto my newest Finished Object. A lacy cotton face-cloth. This is a trial run of prospective knitting when I am up in FNQ.
Many false starts on this one, and discovered after my 3rd repeat that I'd done a purl row instead of a knit row, but then I decided I liked the way it looked, so kept the "error". I've already started the next face-cloth - different lacy pattern. If this one looks good it will get added to my Mum's birthday present (which was last Monday, but she'll be receiving next Saturday when we arrive on her doorstep in Brisbane).

And then onto my extra special Yummy yarn related purchase. In the last couple of months I have received not one, but two recognition awards at work, and the prizes have been vouchers of various denominations to Dymocks. (How special am I? *s*) Although it is nice to get my hard slog at work recognised and rewarded!
So anyway, I finally dropped into Dymocks in the city (where I get a 10% courtesy of RRR. I had a short 30 minutes to dash to the knitting section and flip through the books. I finally selected two, and still have more money to spend.
And better yet, there was a 20% off sale, so even better value!

Woo hoo, many happy pattern designing days ahead :)

2 comments:

shanwen said...

Wow, you have so many things going on. I love that sari silk yarn. Gorgeous. By the way, is there a sale at dymocks bookstore ? I would love to get those knitting books :)

Andrea said...

Up to 75% off at Dymocks - according to their website.... My two books were 20% off. Original price $40 & $50. A real treat for me. Yum!