Thursday, June 15, 2006

Like fingers of gold....

If you live just about anywhere in Australia, you'll understand my dilemma. I love bananas. I don't really have a fondness for much in the way of fruit, but I just love bananas. If I buy bananas now it is seriously chipping into my yarn budget... Since the cyclones up north I haven't bought any, but last week I decided it might just be a good thing to start eating fruit again (I've had an horrendous diet since the kidney stones), and so kicked it all off by buying some smallish bananas at the Vic Markets last weekend. Thought I'd better take a photo before they all disappeared. This bunch (of 7 originally) cost me around $6.
But today, as I ate the last one, I thought, yes, I'm liking this, I'll go buy myself some more, so off I trotted to the local (where they were *much* more expensive than at the markets and came home with this many for a smidgen under $20 - I think I'm insane!

While wandering the net just now I found that bananas are the new "hot theft" item at present! No-one's touching my bananas!

Talking of fingers, I stumbled onto a 15% off sale at Kland this week (ie B had given me the heads up), and after I'd looked at camping gear for our trip away I wandered into the cosmetic section to have a look at the nail polish.
Bought myself a couple more bottles and am quite pleased with the shade of one. From my initial brand tests I can recommend Maybelline Forever Strong, followed by the new one - a Revlon. The Max Factor I also picked up in the land of K I am not impressed with - seems very thin, but I do need to give it another test run. My hands don't seem to photograph well, but here's a shot...


And finally some knitting news... present (a) is a smidgen and a half from being finished. Here's a photo - see all that's left to knit on the left there?

It's a 2x2 ribbed scarf (30 stitches wide - about 10cm wide and 6' long) in cleckheaton country silk - brown - that'd be colour 6. For my wonderful Father on Father's Day. As I'll be seeing him in July (and not September) I thought I'd save myself some postage, and get to see the look on his face, when he gets something knitted from me. I think he'll like it. He liked what Mum got for Mother's Day: The lime one is knitted on fishing line and has a nice bounce to it, the lavender one is on silver wire.

That's all for now.
Will post photos of the finished scarf soon.

No comments: