Thursday, June 22, 2006

Stash Enhancement

I have started using the words "stash enhancement" in my everyday vocabulary.
Some have said to me that it is a sad thing to have a stash, as they feel the stress from all the things to be knitted. I feel it is a wondrous thing I do for myself. It's like buying chocolates to make yourself feel good - but without the added calories.

I did have one, very large tub that fit all my yarn. Now it doesn't close and I have bags of bulk yarn strewn around the craft room. So many projects, so little time. Not that I'll stop buying though - it may be an addiction, but it *is* healthier than chocolate. I could always recoup my investment via ebay if I wanted to too.

Photos of stash coming soon....

2 comments:

Robskee said...

This I know: Nowhere good will it lead.

In an early, clumsy attempt at denial you may switch to measuring your stash in kilos rather than by volume. When it starts nudging double digits you might find yourself hiding yarn all over the house, out of plain sight.

I fear there may already be a spreadsheet . . .

Anonymous said...

Andrea, if your stash truly brings you joy, then ignore what your unkind friend (ie me) says about Stash Stress.

I got inspired after our stash discussion over dinner the other night and decided to knit an Insane Jacket out of my leftovers-stash, just for laffs. It will be the Princess Seam jacket from Loop de Loop book, with between four and six strands of leftovers held together, changing a strand whenever one runs out.

I want to test my theory that if you fit and finish a knitted object nicely, people will think the insane materials choice is deconstructionist.